Fine Art/V. Holland Swain

QUESTION: I have recently acquired a painting by this artist.  It is signed and numbered.  I was just wondering what it is worth?  The name is "Morning Light."  I hope you can help me. Thank you.

ANSWER: I have a number of art references and do not see this artist listed??

If it's signed and numbered, it's not a painting, prob an original lithograph, etching, engraving, serigraph etc.

Value depends on:
*Artists popularity
*Comperable sales from the recent past.

QUESTION: do you have any ideas where i can find out?  thanks

Anyone that reads my profile will see that your rating of 5 is not accurate. You asked about an artist than the experts here propbably know nothing about. Read my profile, I do no list that artist and do not indicate I can find obscure unkonwn artists works.
This is a free service, if you paid a fee and got nothing, I can see your point. It's interesting how demanding people are when you offer to take time out of your day and help them for FREE.

The problem is the time needed to find info, I try to help everyone here for free, but I am a full time art consultant in the Dali Picasso world and cannot do the research needed.

There are art reference books in libraries and other places that list thousands of artists.  I have reference books here, but the artists name is not listed?

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.