Fine Art/Value of painting

Question
Hi, I have a watercolor painting done by an artist called H.Marriot-burton which I found when we took over a swapshop about 18 yrs ago. I have checked on the internet and the only artist i could find was a Harold Marriort-burton, but it does not seem that he ever painted in watercolor.Do you know of an artist H.Marriot-burton who painted in watercolor and if so was their work of any value. The painting is of a women having her hair washed by another women and they are both semi-nude...thanks

Answer
Dear Gavin, I find only one "H. Marriott Burton" listed and that is Harry M. Burton (Br. 20th C.). I am sure this is your artist. Many artists will paint in watercolor, but they may not neccessarily exhibit or sell them or they may not be particularly noted for them. I do not appraise paintings I cannot physically examine. Generally if an artist is not recognized for his watercolors they are usually valued at considerably less than his works in oil.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes