Fine Art/Value of painting

Question
I have a oil on board original painting by Otto Eichinger
Title: Cardinal    Signed upper right  Has a certificate of authenticity from Merrill Chase Galleries, Ltd. it was purchased sometime during the 70's in Chicago. It has the no. 118798 XAN on the back and on the certificate. Also AK97. Absolute beautiful peace of work . I'm trying to find out what it is worth. Any help that you could give me would be a blessing. Thank you in advance. Jeff

Answer
Hi Jeff

Cardinals, rabbis and monks were among Eichingers favorite motives. I believe there is no question about that this is an authentic work. Eichingers paintings offen sell for about $1500. The prices depend a lot on the condition of the painting and how "strong" the motive is. The price range is from $1000-$2000 - but his cardinal painting usually sell for $1500 as stated above.

Best Regards, Soren

Søren Holmstrup