Fine Art/Value of print

We have a print "The Lost Playment"  by Justave Henry Mosler 1902  Raphael Tuck & Sons  New york and London We would like to know the value of this print as it is a estate item Thank You

Dear Rodney,

I hope you are doing well. I found one example of the sale price of your print. A ôLost Playmate" print was auctioned on eBay for $22.99. I would say this is probably a fair estimate of value.

I will  give you information on other pieces by Gustave (G instead of J), Henry Mosler (1875-1906) , that will give you a good idea of the value range of his work.

His original paintings average $1000-2000 at auction, with the highest price paid being a large portrait at Bonhams. It went for $12,000. Many of his oil originals sell in the under $1000 range.

I found other examples of his vintage lithographs and they all seem to sell on Ebay in the $20-30 range.

Gustave Mosler died at a young age of 31 and never had the chance to reach the notoriety of his father, Henry Mosler. The elder Mosler is highly collectable and commands much higher prices at auction.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.