Fine Art/Value

Question
I have George & Martha Washington Gold Framed Portraits by E.C. Middleton 1861,
> and also Abe Lincoln. Done in a process oil coloring lithograph on canvas. This
> vintage portraits dated 1861 and marked on reverse side with his name as
> follows; Warranted oil colors. Entered according to Act of Congress in the year
> 1861 by E.C. Middleton, In the Clerk's office of the district Court for the
> Southern District of Ohio Cincinnati.
What do you think would be the value of these items. Lithographs are in good condition and frames are in good to fair condition

Answer
Daniel--I have no idea as to the valueof these items.  In the late 19th century, color lithography did not exist as an original art form--that came with Cheret a little later.  It would seem you have a colored "offset lithograph" which is a reproduction of the original painting.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

Alan Klevit