Fine Art/Vigueras

Question
On a recent trip to Peru we purched a couple of painting by an artist P. Vigueras. One of the paintings is of a spanish woman that is a oil on canvas that is 48 inches in length and 30 inches wide. I can't find anything on this artist, could you please give me a little history on this artist.  

Answer
Dear Tina, I find no listing for a "P. Vigueras" in any dictionaries of artists, including a 5 volume encyclopedia of South American artists. If this is a post-1940 artist then it is out of my area of expertise and I would have no applicable references. One difficulty in identifying Spanish and Latino artists is that they may be listed under their father's family name or their mother's family name.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes