Fine Art/Vigueras

On a recent trip to Peru we purched a couple of painting by an artist P. Vigueras. One of the paintings is of a spanish woman that is a oil on canvas that is 48 inches in length and 30 inches wide. I can't find anything on this artist, could you please give me a little history on this artist.  

Dear Tina, I find no listing for a "P. Vigueras" in any dictionaries of artists, including a 5 volume encyclopedia of South American artists. If this is a post-1940 artist then it is out of my area of expertise and I would have no applicable references. One difficulty in identifying Spanish and Latino artists is that they may be listed under their father's family name or their mother's family name.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.