Fine Art/W.H. Trood

Question
Hi. I recently bought a picture,painting,most likely a print because it was framed at a yard sale for $5 It has the initials W.H. Trood and the date 1892. It's wonderful!! It has two dogs playing tug of war while other dogs and one cat are watching. Well my 7 year old stepped on it and broke the glass that also scratched some of the picture a little. I have done some research on this artist but can not find any information on this particular piece..is it a fake or real? I would like to know the name of this piece,how to care for it, and should I reframe it? I suppose if it has any worth would be helpful too.
Thank you.

Answer
Dear Tisha,

I hope you are doing well. I believe the print you are talking about is titled "Tug O'War" but the dates do not match. The one I am thinking of is an engraving and has two puppies on top of a table tugging on something. The other dogs are on the chairs and floor. The cat is on the floor. Is this your image? You can email images to me at dolly12@aol.com. A close up of the margins would be needed to determine if there are plate marks.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley