Fine Art/WH Trood

Sorry, Either a painting or a print. Cannot tell because they have a glass frame over them.

Followup To

Question -
I have 2 WH Trood picture's of Dogs and a cracker. The first picture is the Dogs pulling the cracker, The next is when the cracker has exploded. There is one Cat on these pictures. Have they any value? Theses pictures are signed and dated but it is hidden under the frame. Thanks,vg3y7 Ronald Steele.

Answer -
Dear Ron, What do you mean by "picture?" Oil painting, watercolor, drawing, etching, lithograph, poster ?

If it is under glass it is probably a print. As you cannot tell the difference (you cannot tell if it is on canvas or paper, you cannot see if the surface is flat or has impasto or dimension)you will then have to send me images.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image under 800 pixels, and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.