Fine Art/Watercolor by Andre

QUESTION: I was hoping you could help me identify a set of watercolors I have.  I have it confirmed that they are indeed original watercolors and not prints but I don't know a thing about the artist or when they were painted.  They are chinese themed and the 2 large paintings are designed to be hung together.  The label says they came from a company called "Eastern Art Products" in Chicago.  These were my grandmothers and we know she had them for at least 60 years.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: More info is needed.  I find no publisher of art in Chicago with that name?  Andre as an artists name does not show up on any of the lists of published artists I have.
There are artists with the first or last name Andre of course, but none fit the description?

QUESTION: What kind of additional information would you need?  I have also not been able to find that company in Chicago, so I think it must be out of business (long ago).

The chances of anyone in the art industry knowing what you have based on the limited info is slim.

It's unfortunate, but this is the most common question we get here. "Who painted this?"

Most have not background on the work, making it almost impossible.  If we do not know where the artist is from, or a full name or what year it was printed, the job takes many many hours of work.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.