Fine Art/Watercolor "copy of Anton Mauve'?

Hello from Australia.. I have an ORIGINAL watercolour painted in 1908. 4 horses heading away pulling a large log beneath a wagon. 2 men on left of horses 1 on right and a dog following behind. Original Frame (timber) original matt board with HOLLAND inprinted in the cardboard. The signature A MAUVE on left hand side BUT has something written beside it and undeneath signature  "starting with Wat????.  Can you shed any light Please? Date is on Right hand side 23 4 1908.  Thanks Lynne.

Dear Lynne,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.