Fine Art/Windbergs Hidden Cove

I purchased Windbergs Hidden Cove at a garage sale recently.  Unframed it is 10x12, framed it is 12x14.  It has his red signature in the lower right corner but as far as I can see it is not numbered.  It has a 2" gold nameplate (Dalhart Windberg) attached to the bottom of the frame.  Any idea on its worth?  Any clues to knowing you have an original without getting it appraised?  

Hello Connie,

Dahl Windberg provides a nice service for his collector clients by listing the current secondary market value of his prints.  

Your print is an open edition that is now sold out. None of the edition is numbered. There are no other releases of this so your print is "original" in that it is the only release; however none of this work is considered original art.

This is what the artist has on Hidden Cove:

Edition: Open,paper Size: 8x10 Release Year: 1973

Secondary market/Closed out by the publisher. Issue price $6.00

This item has been sold out by the publisher.

Price: $125.00

This is the link to his current price list:

I hope ths is helpful. Also, if the frame is professional and in good shape it adds value to the whole package.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.