Fine Art/Windbergs Hidden Cove

Question
I purchased Windbergs Hidden Cove at a garage sale recently.  Unframed it is 10x12, framed it is 12x14.  It has his red signature in the lower right corner but as far as I can see it is not numbered.  It has a 2" gold nameplate (Dalhart Windberg) attached to the bottom of the frame.  Any idea on its worth?  Any clues to knowing you have an original without getting it appraised?  

Answer
Hello Connie,

Dahl Windberg provides a nice service for his collector clients by listing the current secondary market value of his prints.  

Your print is an open edition that is now sold out. None of the edition is numbered. There are no other releases of this so your print is "original" in that it is the only release; however none of this work is considered original art.

This is what the artist has on Hidden Cove:

HIDDEN COVE

Description
Edition: Open,paper Size: 8x10 Release Year: 1973

Features
Secondary market/Closed out by the publisher. Issue price $6.00

This item has been sold out by the publisher.

Price: $125.00

This is the link to his current price list: http://www.windberg.com/cart/scs.asp?Task=PrintableList

I hope ths is helpful. Also, if the frame is professional and in good shape it adds value to the whole package.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley