Fine Art/Winslow Homer

Dear Mr. Hynes:
My Mother-In-Law found the attached painting at a garage sale on Eastern Long Island in the '30's.  She gave it to my husband about 5 years ago.  We think that it may be a Winslow Homer, but we are not sure.  It is approximately 15 x 22 inches.  It is in a glass covered and matted frame and the back is covered in brown paper so I do not want to rip it open if I do not have to.  Does this look like a Homer to you?  Thank you.   Respectfully, Susan Sheehan  

Dear Susan, You cannot send images through "allexperts", however you can send attached jpg images to my email at
Best would be an image of the front, the back (yes, remove the brown paper), a close-up of the signature, and any inscriptions or labels. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.