Fine Art/Winter Morning By G.H.Durrie

I have a print of winter morning by GH Durrie.On the bottom of the print left to right it reads. Painted by GH Durrie. Then,Entered according to the Act of Congress is the year 1863. by Currier& Ives,in the Cleck's Office of the District Court of the United States, for Southern District of New York. Then on the right side. Reprinted from LITH. BY Currier & Ives, N.Y. The print is in a black frame and the picture it's self is 8 1/2 by 13 1/2.

Hello Byron,

I hope you are doing well. The print you have is smaller than the original release. The original is in large folio. Your print also states "Reprinted from Lith"; etc. which means it is a later reprint after the original. There are MANY reprints of Currier and Ives and some are of better quality than others. I hope this information is helpful.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.