Fine Art/art appraisal

Question
I just have a general question. My brother passed away 15 years ago and left some pretty great oil paintings and chalk art. I just wondered if there was anywhere I could send some of the pictures to see if anyone thinks they are as good as I think they are.

Answer
That's a great question, Luanne.  First, you could look in the yellow pages to see if there are any auctioneers or estate liquidators or appraisers in your area.  Next, broaden your area--perhaps try the NY or LA or Chicago areas [any large metro. areas].  Also google the names of the artists, if you know any.  But remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and clearly your brother liked them as much as you do.  So share them with friends, too.  I am pleased that you enjoy them so.  Congrats.  Alan.

Alan Klevit