Fine Art/art history

Do you happen to know the meaning of the symbol of keys in Flemish painting...specifically, Rogier Van der Weyden? Thank you so much,

My specialiality really lies in Italian paintings but I do know that many Flemmish painters used keys to signify Christ handing the keys to the kingdom of heaven to Saint Peter, whatever he binds or loosens on earth, will be bound or loosened in heaven.
I will look into this further for you if you like
Please feel free to contact me directly

Gari Phillips

I have studied many aspects of art history but my main focus has been on Italian Renaissance and Baroque periods. My strengths lie in the work of Caravaggio, Bernini, Raphael and Michealangelo.

I have spent years gathering and studying a large collection of books and documents relating to Italian art. I have also spent a large amount of time travelling to Florence, Rome and Venice to view specific paintings and sculptures.

I have no formal qualifications in art, It is quite simply a consuming passion and I consider myself to be extremely knowledgeable. I am educated to A level standard