Fine Art/art identification

i have a painting which is dated 1896 with initials RWH. the R and W are written in the H above and below. i would like to know who the artist is so i can value the painting.
i also have 5, what look like prints by samual dukinfield swarbreck entitled sketches in scotland, they seem to be a catalogue and the front is an acknolegement to the earl of rossylyn.

Dear David,

I hope you are doing well. I reviewed my artist signature and monogram books and cannot locate an artist that signs with the initials R.W.H. as you have written. Is there any other writing on the painting; such as on the back of the canvas or on the stretcher boards?

Samuel Dukinfield Swarbreck (1839 1863), created lithographs of architectural and interior subjects after his own watercolors. His two books, Sketches in Scotland and Views of Edinburgh were both published in 1839, and had about 20 odd tinted lithographs in each.

Two sets of Sketches in Scotland sold for:  $833 for a set of 28 lithographs (must have included some duplicates) in 1999; and for $513 for a set of 13 in 1999. These represent wholesale auction prices. I have found individual lithographs from the series for approximately $50-75 each.
I hope this information has been helpful.

Please let me know if you can give me any additional information on your R.W.H. painting. If you would like to send images including the signature, please send to:

Best regards,

A General Statement to readers of this information on the internet: Please do not send photos and questions on your art to my personal email address listed in this forum without prior request from me through or my private consulting service. I cannot provide free evaluations or answer questions that do not come through allexperts due to the time it takes to research and respond. I accept up to five questions a day from allexperts and request you utilize their format if you are seeking free advice. Thank you for your consideration of this request.  

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.