Fine Art/artist Ernie Barnes

Question
Dear Mr. Klevit, I have a signed print by Mr. Barnes titled " TO KNOW DEFEAT". I know that this work was one of a series of six done in 1966. It is black and white and looks as though the original was done in charcoal. His signature is on the print as part of the print, and then signed in pencil on the bottom left. Can you tell me anything about the other five prints, and the value of this one. I would very much like the entire series. I was very happy to have found this print at a yard sale, and am sure that is worth more than I paid for it. Thank you for your time, Sincerely, Deloris  

Answer
Deloris,  I have not run across any of Ernie Barnes's works in close to twenty years, so I have no idea as to value.  The series, I believe, was done in pencil or charcoal, and the print you have is probably an offset lithograph reproduction.  Several thousand may exist.  Since yours is pencil signed, it could be worth a hundred dollars.  Enjoy it.  alan.

Alan Klevit