Fine Art/artist R. Wagner

Question
We would like identification of the artist of our painting--"R. Wagner" and identification of the painting itself. It is in what appears to be the original frame which is a very ornate gold, moulded with curliques and flowers. The landscape painting, approximately 30x40 inches, is of trees just budding out in a muted spring green against a sky dotted with white clouds. A stream runs between the trees with a low rock wall supporting the trees on the right side. The only other objects are a few large white topped stones by the stream. The trees (birch?) on the left are reflected in the stream. The colors are muted, almost a monocolor. Numbers hand-written on the back are S-32 and 1566-01, perhaps indicating it was included in a showing. Thank you so much for any help you can give us.

Answer
Dear Joseph,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes