Fine Art/artist/ history

i bought  what looked to be a painting several years ago, and
went to reframe it today. in taking off old frame, i noticed it
seems to be a pen & ink (or ? ) also, it seems to be slightly
raised. it is tinted. on the bottom of image it reads "Barbizon.
Maisons de Millet, Diaz. Ch. Jacque et  R .L. Stevenson". i cannot
read the signature. in removing old (and perhaps original frame)
i saw that it was noted in lower left hand corner, "original". it
appears that the picture is of old school barbizon, and that it
shows millet's & diaz's house/studio, and that the persons
depicted are to be charles jacque and robert louis stevenson.
would you agree, or am i all wrong? i love the picture, and really
wanted to know if you knew anything at all about artist or
history.  the actual image is app. 8x 10, and the paper seems to
be like a watercolor paper, which has the watermark "B F K".    
below is a link to the image on our AOL homepage:

thanks so much for your consideration.

Dear r. nussle, Your link does not work. If you like you may follow the instructions below.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image under 800 pixels, and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don't include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.