Fine Art/artist identification

Question
I own an original oil painting by an artist with the initials "L.V." ("L" in lower case French). I thought it might be Louis Valtat but have confirmed it is not him. It is titled "Paris" and is a scene of what I believe to be the Saint Martins Canal in western Paris. The painting is post-impressionist or Fauvist or, posiibly art naif. There is a price: 80 ff (french francs) written on the back. I need to identify this artist's monogram - can you help me.
P.S. - I cannot see where I can attach an image on this "ask a question" page

Answer
Dear Jeff,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes