Fine Art/artist identification

Do you know anything about an artist named F. Arnold. I have a painting of his and have no information about him at all.The painting looks very old, and is a scene of a sheep herder and his sheep on a country road with a thached roof house in the background. It is framed in a tiger looking wood. If you could give me any information I would greatly appreciate it...Thank you

Dear Theresa, I am not able to determine your artist as there are several listings for "F. Arnold". If you like you can send jpg images to my email at  An image of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature would be best. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.