Fine Art/Who can authenticate

Question
I have come across a 19th Century oil on canvas river landscape painting attached to a wooden stretcher ( 14" X 24") bearing a "Frost & Adams" label on reverse.  The motif appears to be a river crossing in the Catskills or Berkshires area with apparently Dutch settlers riding in a horse-drawn wagon.  The artwork was purchased at a rural auction with "artist unknown"; however, recently a faint and somewhat indistinct signature was discovered which appears to be: A.Bierstadt.  The signature area was tested with UV light and appears original to the art.  Who (preferably East Coast) is qualified to authenticate such a find?  Thank you for any help you could offer.  I have several images, but could attach to a separate email if you request.

Answer
Dear Alan, It is not easy keeping track of experts for various artists, as often they change or their locations change. Last I recall the Bierstadt experts were Linda S. Ferber, Dir., New York Historical Society; and Nancy K. Anderson, The National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes