Fine Art/Who can authenticate

I have come across a 19th Century oil on canvas river landscape painting attached to a wooden stretcher ( 14" X 24") bearing a "Frost & Adams" label on reverse.  The motif appears to be a river crossing in the Catskills or Berkshires area with apparently Dutch settlers riding in a horse-drawn wagon.  The artwork was purchased at a rural auction with "artist unknown"; however, recently a faint and somewhat indistinct signature was discovered which appears to be: A.Bierstadt.  The signature area was tested with UV light and appears original to the art.  Who (preferably East Coast) is qualified to authenticate such a find?  Thank you for any help you could offer.  I have several images, but could attach to a separate email if you request.

Dear Alan, It is not easy keeping track of experts for various artists, as often they change or their locations change. Last I recall the Bierstadt experts were Linda S. Ferber, Dir., New York Historical Society; and Nancy K. Anderson, The National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.