Fine Art/baldomero galofre

Question
QUESTION: how can i verify the authenticity of a painting?
ANSWER: Dear David, It would take a three day seminar to answer your question. Basically you would have to find the expert for your particular artist or an expert in that specific area of art.
Cordially,
Dan

QUESTION: thank you for your prompt response dan! do you know of an expert on 19th century spanish painter "baldomero galofre" or how i can find one?

Answer
Dear David, This is a rather important Spanish artist, however I have no idea who is the expert. You could contact museums in Spain, but they often do not respond. I do not know what part of the world you are in, you would probably get best results by contacting the European Painting Department at Sotheby's and/or Christie's Auction. They have offices in many countries, but if not where you are their New York headquarters would be best. Between you and I, you will probably get more attention if you let them assume you will be offering the painting for auction.
best luck,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes