Fine Art/canvis cleaning

I was woundering the best way to clean my water pastel canvis painting.  I also need to know how to build a frame for it as well that is measured at 5'8 1/2" by 7'4 1/4"  I t was painted by a friend named Adam Maloy in '99.  It is an abstract painting.

Dear Pete, It is not clear from your question if what you have is a watercolor, a pastel, or an oil painting. If the art work is only six years old it does not need cleaning, unless it has been stained or damaged. If this is the case, only a professional painting conservator should clean or restore any work of art.
I am definitely not the person to instruct on building a frame. If I were you I would get an inexpensive moulding from a frame shop and paint or finish it myself. If they do not have moulding long enough I would try Lowe's or Home Depot.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.