Fine Art/caspicara wood sculpture

My mom has a baby Jesus Sculpture that was given to her by her great, great, great grandmother according to the story it has been in our family for approx. 500 years.  The name of the sculptor is Manuel Caspicara a sculptor from 18th Century,  how can I find out if it's real, it looks pretty old.  It's about 16 to 18 inches long it's carved out of wood, It looks like it belongs in a museum or church.

The 18th Century was from 1701 through 1800

Are you sure about the age of the sculpture?

You will need to contact experts that are familiar with sculpture from that era and that region. I believe Equador? Chile?.  This is not my area, but the works have influenced other artists that I have sold works by.

Keep digging, you should uncover more info.  I would have it appraised once you find out the origin etc.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.