Fine Art/chagall Lithographs-Please HELP

Question
thank you so much. Now I have found out that they are not even plate signed. AArggggggggg! This is becoming worse by the minute. Of course the appraisals from Park west are much higher than what I paid.

Sincerely,

Valerie Villars
-------------------------------------------
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
Dear Sir,

I wrote approximately a month ago regarding two Chagall prints I had purchased at Park West at Sea. To make a long story short, I paid a little over two thousand dollars each for two PLATE signed lithographs, not HANDSIGNED.While I adore the prints, I feel that I was mislead (in the sense that this was not explained to me). The lithographs are "Itinerant" and "Le Ciel de la Place Concorde". My question is, are these lithographs (in excellent shape) worth what I paid for them and are they collectible in the sense that they could go up in value like the hand signed lithographs? They are touted as "originals".

Sincerely,

Valerie Villars
-----Answer-----
Valerie--The fact that they are plate signed rather than hand signed does not take away from their originality.  Can unsigned pieces go up in value?  Yes.  Are they as valuable as signed pieces?  No.  And you paid significantly below what hand signed pieces sell for.  To ease your mind, why not ask Park West for an appraisal, which I believe they offer on pieces they sell.  They would have to state on the record exactly what they sold you and their opinion as to value.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit

Answer
Valerie--Unsigned pieces are worth less than signed ones [signed & no Chagall can sell for over $50,000!]--but they are still original.  And as a rising sea raises all ships, they have the potential of appreciating proportionately.  Just enjoy them.  Alan.

Alan Klevit