Fine Art/coa

Question
how can you tell if a lithograph is real,its value.who signs coa,are there different types.

Answer
If the COA comes from the same gallery that you bought it from, there is no significance to that COA. Of course the retail location where you bought it will say it's authentic,  you need a 3rd party that does not sell art is a recognized expert in that field of art.

If you are talking about a Dali, there are only three that I trust to create COA paperwork or appraisals, and most galleries do not use them becasue they don't want to pay a fee and ship the art for inspection.  All Dali works that we broker here for example are examined by a 3rd party expert.

Dan

Dan Twyman