Fine Art/colin maxwell parsons

Question
I have been given what I beleive to be a print by colin maxwell parsons,(thats the signiture anyway) I can not find ant info about this artist except that hes collectable. I am looking to sell the print as I'm not keen. Can you tell me how to check its a print & not a watercolour,the value this artist makes & where & how to sell! I would be gratful for any help!!
Sharon

Answer
Colin Maxwell Parsons is the right signature.  I checked auction records, and, in 2002, a large [49X75 inches] oil painting on canvas sold in England for 180 pounds, about $300 at that time. Nothing more recent.  If it is reproduction, looking at it through a jeweler's loop should reveal rows of dots.  If it is an original print, it would require someone with expertise to differentiate it from a watercolour--perhaps a gallery owner in your area.  You could check with Sotheby's or Christies to determine if Parsons is at a level they might consider for auction.  Otherwise, EBay might be your best bet.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

Alan Klevit