Fine Art/colored lithograph?

Question
I recently purchased what I thought was possibly a watercolor by George Inness.  I have been told that it is probably a colored lithograph of a painting titled "Home of the Blue Heron" which is on display in Chicago.  My question is, how would I be able to tell if it really is a lithograph, or if it might be a watercolor color study for the actual painting in the museum?  I can send a digital photo of it if you would like, but I didn't see where this site was capable of doing that.  The "painting" is approximately 14 inches by 26 inches, and the class is checkered as if it is quite old.  There is no mat, just glass and frame.  The painting is of a sunset watery scene, with a bird in the foreground and tall trees in the background.
 Thank you for any infomation or help that you can give me.

Answer
If the image is "exact" it is most likely a lithograph.  Also, Teresa, it is unlikely that a watercolor would be a study, though not impossible.  Since it is not framed, a good dealer/gallery owner or appraiser in your town might be able to determine if it is a litho.  Finally, look at it through a jeweler's loop and see if there are rows of dots, a sure tell-tale sign of offset lithography.  I would not be able to tell from a digital photo.  Good luck.
Alan.

Alan Klevit