Fine Art/compton painting

Question
I have aquired a painting signed E. Harrison Compton 1924. The painting is a river and mountain scene with a cabin. The size is 22"H x 331/1"L. I'm not sure if a painting or a print because it is mounted in a frame under glass. If you could provide any info about the artist, name of painting and possible value I would appreciate the help.
         Cynthia Sengstock

Answer
Dear Cynthia, If you remove it from the frame you can then determine if you have a painting or a print. A print will be on paper or board and will have a flat surface. A painting will be on canvas or wood panel with a surface of pigment and brushwork.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes