Fine Art/compton painting

I have aquired a painting signed E. Harrison Compton 1924. The painting is a river and mountain scene with a cabin. The size is 22"H x 331/1"L. I'm not sure if a painting or a print because it is mounted in a frame under glass. If you could provide any info about the artist, name of painting and possible value I would appreciate the help.
         Cynthia Sengstock

Dear Cynthia, If you remove it from the frame you can then determine if you have a painting or a print. A print will be on paper or board and will have a flat surface. A painting will be on canvas or wood panel with a surface of pigment and brushwork.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.