Fine Art/dali divine comedy

Dear Dan,

i can purchase Paradise of the divine comedy by Dali, les edition Les Heures Claires, in french, without wood engravings. They seem like two authentic books, while the sheets bear the BFK Rives watermark, without infinity mark. Perhaps you can tell me the value of these two books, before i buy them? Furthermore, i would like to know how many EA (Úpreuved d'artist) were made of each wood engraving, and if Dali signed these by pencil. This because i bought such a piece, of witch i think the engraving is for real, because of the watermark, but i wonder about the signature.Mayby you can tell me what such a wood engraving might be worth even if the signature is false.
With regards from the Netherlands,
Wim van Buren  

I don't know of anyone that does free appraisals for fine art. I can refer you to an appraser that is qualified. They have their own fees etc.
The Divine Comedy are one of the largest volume of Dali works printed. You need a formal cert of authenticity to know for sure, and the works need to be examined or the authenticator needs a way to verify your watermarks are correct.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.