Fine Art/de chirico & chagall at notting hill market

Question
dear alan,
whilst browsing through the colourful stalls of portobello market in notting hill last saturday, i came across three items which caught my eye: a supposed original of a de chirico 1917 drawing(resembles 'return of the prodigal son' most), a vieria da silva painting and a chagall painting. the rather corpulent, bespectacled old lady pretended not to know much about the artists, though she did have a magnifying glass ready to show that de chirico's work was not a reproduction because of the lead marks on the paper. she said they all came from an elderly french lady's house, whose daughter sold everything in order to raise funds for a nursing home.
my mother told me i'd be stupid to fall for such tricks - do you agree with her?

Answer
Miloa--Yes!  Let's just talk about the supposed Chagall painting.  If the 'daughter who sold everything' didn't get millions of dollars for it, she would have had she put it in an auction at Sotheby's or Christie's.  You take it from there.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit

Alan Klevit