Fine Art/dog oilpainting

Question
Dear Sir,
I'm living in Belgium and I bought a few day's ago an oil on canvas of a dog on a car boot sale. The painting is dirty for the moment and signature is therefore unreadable. I've made some pictures of it. The only thing I can read (i hope) is the date (1879). Is there a way for me to show you these pictures (back,front and close up signature).

Greetings  

Answer
Dear Peter,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes