Fine Art/emil ludwig euler

Question
dear ms headley.
searching in the net i came across your reply ref. to emil ludwig euler.
i have been in possession of a good dozen of original drawings, engravings and etchings by the artist for about 30 years, thinking about auctioning them off now.
i have some information about the artist's biography, even might have his family book (family tree). i live in euler's home town wiesbaden in germany.
personally, i don't have a clue, what his work is worth. do you have any information, pricing?
may i ask you to forward my e-mail address to the person, that previously contacted you ref. to information about euler.
many thanks for your help, yours sincerely, roland hotze.     hauberrisserstr.39
         65189 wiesbaden
         germany
         ph+fax:  0611 - 761067

Answer
Dear Roland,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for your question. I researched auction prices on Euler and there were only three listed. They are not current so I would not want to base estimates on those examples. All of the prices were under $100, but there may be a newer market for his work that a local auction house would know about. My recommendation is to take your entire collection to several auction houses in Wiesbaden and get estimates from them on the sale of your collection.

I will try to locate the other question and forward your information to them. I have listed below three auction houses in Wiesbaden, including their contact information and website. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Best regards,
Dolly

Auktionshaus Füsser
Nerostr. 41-43
65183 Wiesbaden, Germany
Telephone:    06 11 / 1 74 68 42
Fax:    06 11 / 1 74 68 77
www.auktionshaus-fuesser.de

Auktionshaus Julius Jäger
Luisenstraße 6
65185 Wiesbaden, Germany
Telephone:    +49 (0)62 21 – 30 41 02
Fax:    +49 (0)62 21 – 30 81 152
www.auktionshaus-jaeger.de

Rippon Boswell & Co.
Friedrichstraße 45
Wiesbaden,  65185 Germany
Telephone:    06 11-33 44 30
Fax:    06 11-30 73 69
www.rippon-boswell-wiesbaden.de  

Dolly D Headley