Fine Art/encaustic painting

Question
I am a collage artist and I am wanting to include encaustic paint in my work, but cant find any info on solvents for cleaning brushes.  My research shows hogs hair brushes are recommended but how to clean them?  

Answer
Dear Jordyn, This is really out of my area. As encaustic is comprised of wax, resin, and pigment, I would suggest trying dry cleaning fluid (trichloroethylene, or tritetrachloride)as it is known to clean both resin and wax. I don't know what it would do to natural hair brushes, as chlorine bleach would destroy them.
Your best solution is to call the conservation department of a major art museum.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes