Fine Art/encaustic painting

I am a collage artist and I am wanting to include encaustic paint in my work, but cant find any info on solvents for cleaning brushes.  My research shows hogs hair brushes are recommended but how to clean them?  

Dear Jordyn, This is really out of my area. As encaustic is comprised of wax, resin, and pigment, I would suggest trying dry cleaning fluid (trichloroethylene, or tritetrachloride)as it is known to clean both resin and wax. I don't know what it would do to natural hair brushes, as chlorine bleach would destroy them.
Your best solution is to call the conservation department of a major art museum.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.