Fine Art/figures

This is an odd question, but I have a friend who is a painter he uses a specific style for his figures that i have seen before but i can not recall the artists name.  The figures are hard three dimensional shapes. (a sphere stacked on a cylinder) It looks very digital. they are bright colors but monochromatic. I don't know if you can answer this but maybe you might know where I might look for the answer.

Hello Joanna,

You are asking a question that is difficult to answer without actually seeing the work you are describing.  Your friend is not using one 'style' but many.  The main ones are probably Suprematism and Constructivism both which were most famously brought to public attention by the Staatliches Bauhaus, an art and architecture school that operated in Germany from 1919 to 1933.

I suggest you conduct further research on your own in the areas mentioned above and I am sure you will come across many other 'styles' or influences that you friend is revealing in their artwork.

Cheers,  Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.