Fine Art/"fine press"

Recently overheard someone talking about "fine press" book making. It involved hand illustration, hand typesetting and maybe elements of 3D. I don't know if this is just referring to book making alone or possibly to other creations. Thank you for any information you may have.  

It's like the distinction between "Fine Art" and "Commercial art."  The "fine" refers to hand work and quality control as opposed to commercial methods.  It can be overused, but it generally refers to high-quality items which are individually made and each has a quality control rather than mass-produced ones.

Alison McMahon Johnson

Art history, materials and techniques of drawing and painting, drawing, painting, lighting

Past/Present clients
Paintings hanging in Government Information Office, Taipei, Taiwan; cultural centers in LA and NY; in private collections around the world.