Fine Art/identify a painting

Question
hello.  i found a painting at good will that i think is beautiful and would like to know what it is.  it is 36in X 43in (w X h) with the frame.  it shows a woman seated in a brown chair with a curved back at a whitish table.  her right arm is folded on the table.  she is holding a whitish cup in her left hand.  the cup is raised as if she is about to take a sip of tea.  her head is erect but she seems to be looking down.  she has dark curly hair styled up on her head and is wearing a hat with flowers on the front.  she is wearing a fitted scarlet  jacket over a whitish dress.  a decanter type of container is also sitting on the table.  the cup just looks like a plainly shaped cup.  not a wine glass or obvious tea cup. leaning toward her from her left and slightly behind is a man with both hands folded on her left shoulder with his chin resting on his hands.  he has dark short hair.  he is wearing a blackish jacket over a whitish shirt.  the collar and right cuff of the shirt can be seen.  he seems to be gazing at her with complete love and adoration.  in front of her but in the background there is another couple that also seem to be at a table.  that portion of the picture is more blurry.  the overall painting seems old.  the frame seems to be an old wooden one with an older style of matting (a single strip of wood?)  their clothing style seems to be formal and of some period (not up on style history, but someone who knows about this would probably easily identify it).  it's kind of like the clothes from the movie "an ideal husband."  the picture is not smooth like a print.  the back is hard.  the overall style has soft edges that blur more the further away you go from her face.  don't know if this is really an old painting or something done recently and "antiqued."  any ideas?  thanks for your time.   anne

Answer
Dear Anne,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes