Fine Art/identify painting

Question
Can you tell me the artist & date of a very common, familiar painting?  It is of a dog (collie) which has found a young lamb out in the snow & (the collie) is pictured with head raised, mouth wide open(obviously howling for his master, the shepherd).
It was probably painted early 20th century as great gramma had a small print of it on her wall in the early 1940's

Are you familiar w/ it?  If not can you refer me elsewhere or I could send a pic of it.
Thank you very much.
paul

Answer
Dear Paul, This subject was painted by various Victorian artists. I believe the one you described was by Walter Hunt (Br.1861-1941). There are also numerous prints of this subject, I think a print after the Hunt painting was made by Albert Schenck.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes