Fine Art/identify painting

Can you tell me the artist & date of a very common, familiar painting?  It is of a dog (collie) which has found a young lamb out in the snow & (the collie) is pictured with head raised, mouth wide open(obviously howling for his master, the shepherd).
It was probably painted early 20th century as great gramma had a small print of it on her wall in the early 1940's

Are you familiar w/ it?  If not can you refer me elsewhere or I could send a pic of it.
Thank you very much.

Dear Paul, This subject was painted by various Victorian artists. I believe the one you described was by Walter Hunt (Br.1861-1941). There are also numerous prints of this subject, I think a print after the Hunt painting was made by Albert Schenck.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.