Fine Art/identifying artist

I have an oil on porcelain tile that I received as a gift about 30 years ago. I don't know how old it is, and the donor is deceased, so I can't ask her. The subject is the child Jesus, I presume, seated in a wooded area near a stream, holding a lamb and a long, thin, wooden cross. It measures about 8" by 10.5" In the lower right-hand corner is "Laurent(all caps) depres (all lower case)" and below that what appears to be "P. EAUdRY", or could be "P EAUolRY", written just as I typed it. Any information about the artist would be greatly appreciated.

I have accessed my art database and have found an artist by the name of J.Laurent who painted on porcelain. Since you are not saying whether there is an initial in front of the last name, I can only go on the current info. J.Laurent was French and painted on porcelain in the 1st half of the 20th Century. More precisely it would be the 1920's. Without seeing a picture and condition of the piece as well as quality, I would not be able to give a definite value on this piece. If there is any more information or any further assistance, please don't hesitate to e-mail. Thank You, Joe Laskowski.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University