Fine Art/idetifying artist

Question
I have an oil on porcelain tile that I received as a gift about 30 years ago. I don't know how old it is, and the donor is deceased, so I can't ask her. The subject is the child Jesus, I presume, seated in a wooded area near a stream, holding a lamb and a long, thin, wooden cross. It measures about 8" by 10.5" In the lower right-hand corner is "Laurent(all caps) depres (all lower case)" and below that what appears to be "P. EAUdRY", or could be "P EAUolRY", written just as I typed it. Any information about the artist would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Hello,
I hope you are doing well and thank you for your question. I am admittedly not an expert on oil enamels or paintings on porcelain. There are numerous artists by the name of Laurent, but after extensive research, I cannot attribute to a particular artist or if they even worked on porcelain. The "LAURENT depres" has me most confused.

Th capitalization of the name followed by the word "depres" in small letters is completely foreign to me. Are you certain it is not "LAURENT apres"? The "P. EAUdRY", looks like it may be compressed French. I cannot tell without seeing exactly how it is written.

Most notable porcelain paintings on the market today were done at KPM or Limoges and there were many artists who created works for these studios. The size and religious theme leans me towards KPM. Can you identify any markings or impressions on the back of the tile? Are you certain it is hand painted? Some very fine pieces are actually quality transfers.

Can you send me photos of the painting; front, back, and a close up of the signatures-wording? I would like to see the actual writing. My email address is dolly12@aol.com.
Thank you for your question. I hope to gain more information from your images and further research.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley