Fine Art/Any info appreciated

We received this painting as a gift a few years ago.  We absolutely love it, however, we know nothing about it.  The person we received it from is now deceased so we don't even know where it was purchased.  There is no info on the back of the painting.  It is painted on a thin piece of board.  The signature is barely legible. The painting can be seen at  Any info you can provide would be wonderful.  Thank you!

Dear Cyndi,

I hope this finds you well. I was amazed when I first looked at your painting because I believe I have a painting in my collection by the same artist.

I was not able to see the signature very well; but take a look and see if the signature says "Charles (or CH) Young". I thought I could see that in the images online.

I have over 5000 pieces of art (prints, paintings, drawings, etc.) and have not been able to identify many of the pieces. This is one of them. I cannot find an artist with the name who paints in this style and with the blues/pinks palette.

If you would like to see an image of my painting, send me your email address (with the artists name above in the subject line), to

I keep a file of art that I have not been able to identify so that if I come across the image in future searches I can email the results to the person. I will put yours in that file and hopefully will be able to give you an answer in the future.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.