Fine Art/information on a artist

Question
I am trying to find out anything about a painting I have by E. Ottema. It is of a vase of apple blossoms. I would like to know how old it is and if it has any value. The painting was found under a framed piece of tapistry, that was my grandmothers. That is all I know about it. I have not found any thing on the web but I am kind of new at it. Any help will be welcome.

Answer
Dear Mike, The name "Ottema" is most likely of Dutch origin. However, I find no listing for an Ottema in any dictionaries of artists, not even in a dictionary of Dutch artists. Perhaps you are not reading the signature correctly, or it is an artist of little significance.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes