Fine Art/information on a artist

I am trying to find out anything about a painting I have by E. Ottema. It is of a vase of apple blossoms. I would like to know how old it is and if it has any value. The painting was found under a framed piece of tapistry, that was my grandmothers. That is all I know about it. I have not found any thing on the web but I am kind of new at it. Any help will be welcome.

Dear Mike, The name "Ottema" is most likely of Dutch origin. However, I find no listing for an Ottema in any dictionaries of artists, not even in a dictionary of Dutch artists. Perhaps you are not reading the signature correctly, or it is an artist of little significance.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.