Fine Art/introduction to fine arts

Question
hello dear,
         hope to find u in good health.i want to acquire basic knowledge of fine arts.can u suggest me a website that can tell me about fine arts,different techniques,works of different artists both classics and contemporary,basicly covering all the essentials of fine arts in general.hope to make my point clear
regards
abdul rahman sheikh  

Answer
first, thanks for your personal concern about me.  I feel fine and am enjoying life!  As to your inquiry, that is not so easy to answer.  I acquired my basic knowledge of fine arts by visiting museums all over the world for years, reading books on my favorite artists, and visiting galleries.  I learned techniques from talking to the numerous artists I represented over the years.  I am not aware of a giant website that can do that.  what i suggest, Abdul, is to start by looking up any favorite masters you have on the internet and reading about them.  Capsule writeups would be available via Encarta Encyclopedia.  Ditto for techniques.  And get out there and visit museums [perhaps on the web?].  And read books.  Immerse yourself in art.  You sound like the kind person who would enjoy that.  Good luck.  Alan.

Alan Klevit