Fine Art/james sessions

Question
Dan, a friend of mine was emptying her parents house a few years back and hanging was a watercolour of "oyter boats " by james sessions 1931 or 39. I was told that every year for many years in the town of gig harbor washington, was held an arts fair to help raise money for schools or something. it appears to be an original watercolour and on the back of the bordered frame, was new york graphics society paper and a sticker on the corner with the name and a number. the NYGS says that they no longer have numbers that far back. I know that Sessions had gone to school and lived in this area wayyyyy back. on the inside under the paper there are numbers 169-31. The people that had had this painting were older  and are now gone. any help you can give would be appretiated. matted, the picture is 17"x24". thanks, tony

Answer
Dear Tony, Prints of Sessions' watercolors are very difficult to tell apart from his original watercolors. I would not be able to identify your work from digital images. You will need to have an art dealer or auctioneer of art physically examine your item. Sorry, but I have even seen his watercolors for sale as prints and the other way around.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes