Fine Art/jean-claude mayodon oil painting

I have an oil painting by jean-claude mayodon..a museum in canada offered me 1200 dollars for it.I live in pa. usa. is there somewhere in the ny, nj, pa. area where I can have this painting sold?

Dear Steve, I do not know the size, subject, condition, etc. of your painting, but previous auction prices indicate that the offer for your painting was in the right area, unless your painting is an exceptional example. To sell your painting I would suggest contacting an auction house in your area that frequently sells paintings. You can go to and enter and search "auctions".

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.