Fine Art/jean-claude mayodon oil painting

Question
I have an oil painting by jean-claude mayodon..a museum in canada offered me 1200 dollars for it.I live in pa. usa. is there somewhere in the ny, nj, pa. area where I can have this painting sold?

Answer
Dear Steve, I do not know the size, subject, condition, etc. of your painting, but previous auction prices indicate that the offer for your painting was in the right area, unless your painting is an exceptional example. To sell your painting I would suggest contacting an auction house in your area that frequently sells paintings. You can go to www.maineantiquedigest.com and enter and search "auctions".
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes