Fine Art/john wanamaker paintings

Question
Hi I have 2 classic paintings they both look as if they were painted on canvas. One has a signature Davis in the right lower corner, the other has H.M.P Todman in the lower left corner. I tried looking up the artists but yielded no results. There is a price tag on the back of the Davis painting that reads John Wanamaker, which would indicate that the painting was sold in the John Wanamaker store. Do you have any idea who these artists are, or where I could find a list of artists who painted for the John Wanamaker store. Thanks for your help

Answer
Dear Rommel, I never heard the term used before, what is a "classic painting" ?
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes