Fine Art/jose puyet painting

Dear Sir,
I have a painting of Lady of Castile by Jose Puyet, it is very large 29x37, not an exact measurement. It has the gold plaque on the bottom center of the frame that says "Lady of Castile" and under the title is the painters name Jose Puyet and in the bottom right hand corner is the painters signiture. This was handed down to me from my father, and I was told that he had purchased this from the Campbells Estate "Campbells Soup" some twenty years ago in New Jersey. It has the original label from the Turner Wall Accessories. Item #3867 L39, Subject of Category "Lady of Castile", Identity #3867-1. I would greatly appreciate any information on this piece. I have researched this for some time now and I have hit dead end web sites. I hope you can help or lead me in some kind of direction I may take.

You have a reproduction by Jose Puyet.  Many were sold by the Turner Manufacturing Company.  They sell in decorative art stores for under $250.00.  Did this answer your question?  Did you look at the artist's website ?

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.