Fine Art/joseph h davis

Question
I recently inhereted from my grandfather a Joseph H. Davis work entitled James and Sarah Tuttle-Joseph H. Davis- New York Historical Society. It has a label with Merwin's Art Shop in the back and on the artwork it says painted at Stratford Jan 25, 1836. Not knowing anything about art, my question is does this have any value and if so where could I take it to be appraised?
Thanks for your help,
David Glassberg

Answer
Dear David, As Joseph H. Davis was a watercolor painter, I assume that is the medium of your double-portrait. If you would like to send images to me I would be pleased to give you additional information. You can attach jpg images to an email to me at pirround@msn.com
Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes