Fine Art/karl may charcoal drawing

hi dolly,  my sister inherited a karl may charcoal drawing of a monk.  it is signed and she has the brochure from the gallery it was purchased.  the ludinotii hack gallery in scottsdale arizona.  1966.  the address 313 westein park drive.  i found some info on the artist.  trying to find out about the gallery and possibly the value.  thanks

Dear Suzanne,

As you; I cannot locate any information on the gallery. It must no longer be in business. There are several listed artists by the name of Karl May. If you can give me the information you have on the artist I will try to get an estimate of value. A photo of the drawing would also be helpful. You may email to

Best regards,

To readers of this information on the internet: Please do not send photos and questions on your art to my personal email address listed in this forum without prior request from me through or my private consulting service. I cannot provide free evaluations or answer questions that do not come through allexperts due to the time it takes to research and respond. I accept up to five questions a day from allexperts and request you utilize their format if you are seeking free advice. Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.